Saturday 14 May 2016

Man does not live by bread alone...


...especially when they are on the low FODMAP or gluten-free diet.


But speaking personally, I'm a bread admirer and it was really hard for me to eliminate it from my menu for such a long time.

I was looking for some gluten-free recipes in the Internet, but all off them contained milk or some expensive substitute so I gave up.


But one day my sister send me the recipe of a bread (baked by her colleague) which she had an opportunity to taste. She was so thrilled that I decided to experience it firsthand.

This was the day I baked my first bread.
And this was the day I fell in love.
With this bread.




Figuratively.

Do you want to know what was it made of?
Any guesses?
No?

Well, how about the most incredible fruit in the world called a BANANA?

Seriously, banana is like... I don't know... The horn f plenty! It tastes amazingly good in any form! I even eat it right know, in this moment, writing this post (fried bananas with a little bit of melted cocoa and coconut shrims).


Let's get back to the point - THE RECIPE FOR A HEAVENLY GOOD BANANA BREAD:


- 2 bananas
- 100 g of oat flour
- 3 eggs (3 egg whites and 2 egg yolks)
- 1-2 spoons of baking powder
- 1-2 spoons of cinnamon (not necessary)



Well, yeah. That's the recipe I was given. But the thing is that if you use all the ingredients in the stated amount, you will receive delicious but very flat bread.

Like the one I've made:






(the "Something went wrong")




That's why I now use the double amount of each ingredient...
Like...

- 4 bananas
- 200 g of oat flour
- 6 eggs (6 egg whites and 4 egg yolks)
- 2-4 spoons of baking powder
- 2-4 spoons of cinnamon



So unfortunately - that is also why the banana bread is actually not very economical...
But is tastes soooooo good that it's really worth to bake it once in a while.

It looks like this:










So now, step by step:

1. Whip egg whites to stiff.
2. Smash bananas and mix them with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Add the egg whites and mix it again together.
4. Pour it to the baking mold (length: 18 cm, height: 6 cm)
5. Insert the mold to the preheated oven.
6. Bake for about 35 minutes in 180 C (356 F)
7. Enjoy the delicious, soft, cake-tasting banana bread!




However, if you don't want to "waste" such a quantity of bananas for "JUST a bread"... Here you are - a song (more than one song, actually).



And remember the saying - 


Bread is the staff of life.





6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Please, do! And after that, tell me if you were satisfied :D

      Delete
  2. Bananas are not fruits, they are the way of living! I could eat them all the time and I thinks our banana-love makes us minion-crazy about them... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, you're right! We should write an ode to banana or something like that on literature classes

      Delete
  3. + this bread is jaw-dropping... congrats on being amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! But what else can I say... I'm great

      Delete