Friday 27 May 2016

The green light.


Hey, hi and heeeeeello!

Some time ago, I promised that one day I will present to you some ideas for healthy, low FODMAP dinner.

The day has come.

It's no secret that since I'm on the diet I eat a lot of omelettes. Like... A LOT. Not because I don't have anything else to eat, but because I simply like it. It's easy to prepare and it can be served in many different ways. But, obviously, you may finally get sick of it.

That is why I want to share with you one of the enriched versions of the dish.

The omelette is still absurdly easy to prepare, but it's also green now.


"Green?" you may ask...
Yep. Super green.






Things you need:

- 3 eggs
- about 1/3 of package spinach (fresh or frozen; less or more)
- some spices (I used salt, pepper and curry)

It's not very hard to guess that spinach is the factor which makes the omelette green.


So now - the instructions of preparing:

Step 1: Fry the spinach and add some spices.
Step 2: Mix the eggs.
Step 3: Add the spinach to the eggs.
Step 4: Mix it.
Step 5: Fry it again.

And BOOM - you've got a  tasty green omelette. You can also decorate it with some tomatoes and mozzarella, as I did. Right here:







In case you're not convinced to spinach, let me give you some background about this vegetable.

Spinach is a valuable source of mineral salts, in particular magnesium and phosphorus, and vitamins, especially A, E and C.

It is also distinguished by a high content of proteins.






The other components are present in the average or small quantities. Optionally, as in the case of iron and calcium, they are chemically bonded and are not absorbed by the human body.

What's interesting, spinach in frozen form doesn't lose its nutritional properties, which are rapidly decreasing as the extension of the storage of fresh spinach.

And if you prepare it properly, it's really delicious!
I swear.


Conclusion?








You should totally eat it.




No comments:

Post a Comment