Sunday 8 May 2016

Love at first sigh-t


No one hates pancakes. Everybody at least tolerates it.
Me? I adore them.

But, of course, it contains both milk and wheat flour. Soooo... I shouldn't eat them, unless I finish the elimination phase of the low FODMAP diet...


But one day, me and my sister came back home together and when we crossed the door, we smelt pancakes. My sister was like: "MOM! Are you making PANCAKES?! Please, SAY YES!!!"

So my mother said something like: "Yes, but this time they're different because I used an oat flour instead of wheat, 'cause I know Weronika (that's me) couldn't eat it. But there's no lactose-free milk in the frigde, so I used regular milk and... I don't know. Oh, and there's an apple in it (which I can't eat either)."

Well, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, MUM. At least you tried.

So what should I've done? Should I watch them eating this preciousness and cry on the inside? NO WAY! I decided to prepare my own pancakes. I mean... a substitute of it.
Let me now introduce to you the BANANA OMELETTE (or banana pancake)!










Banana and egg - this combination sounds disgusting, doesn't it?
But I assure you it tastes uncommonly good!


Things you need for banana omlette:
- banana
- egg


Yep, that's it. No milk, No flour. Just banana and egg. Well, you can eat it with fruits or chocolate glaze or even with sugar powder but there is completely no need to it.

 If you use 2 bananas and 2 eggs, you will have about 6 little banana pancakes (if you use small-size pan)


How to prepare:

First, mash the banana.
Then add egg and stir it with a spoon.
At the end - fry in oil or butter.


As you can see, it's ridiculously easy. Just try!



Official thanks to Maja M. for the recipe. It saved my life many times.



7 comments:

  1. Personally, I didn't hear about creature, who doesn't like pancakes, It's just impossible. Anyway, I am banana lover, so I MUST do it in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am banana lover too! :D if you'll make the pancakes, tell me what you think about it!

      Delete
  2. This recipe is everything :) the only thing I find problematic is when the bananas are not ripe enough to easily smash them with a fork. I don't have a blender in Poznan so if the bananas are straight from the fridge, it takes me a lot of time to make a pulp out of them.
    Great blog, keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also don't have a blender and - as you said - smashing bananas with a fork isn't easy, soooooo... I started using this metal "thing" which is normally used for making mashed potatoes. Sorry, I don't know if it actually has a name. But what I want to say is that it's a hundred times better than fork. If you have it in your kitchen - use it :)

      Delete
  3. I'm going to kitchen this instant because I have 2 bananas :D I just loooooove them. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay! GO ADA! But remember - if you'll use regular-size pan, you will get less than 6 pancakes. Fortunately, this will not affect their taste :p

      Delete
    2. but i don't own cute little pan. <:,T

      Delete