Friday 29 April 2016

Sweet dreams are made of this


Goooooooooooooooooood morning!

As you already know, the low FODMAP diet primarily excludes milk, wheat and High Fructose Corn Sirup (HFCS) which are.... like almost in all products purchased on a daily basis.

And you certainly know that everyone in the world has good and sometimes bad days. So when "sometimes" comes, I have the great need of consolation. I need support from my best, most reliable friends - sweets. Because sweets don't ask silly questions. Sweets understand.

But there is one problem... I shouldn't eat chocolate while being on the low FODMAP diet. I mean... I CAN eat chocolate, but with 60% cocoa and it's not the one I'm friends with. That's kinda depressing.

So what then?
Here's the story I want to share with you...

Recently, I was meeting my friend from high school. We were laughing, walking around the city, but we also talking about our current worries. In one minute my belly began to demand a small, sweet pleasures, so we decided to go to the cafe.

We came in and we saw all these beautiful, tasty-looking, fluffy muffins... which I can't eat.
But there were only two options for me: meringues - which I don't particularly like - and coconut cookies. So I obviously chose the latter. Oh, how great sorrow overwhelmed my heart, when they proved to be hard as a rock and not very tasty...


This was the moment I decided to make my own coconut cookies. It turned out to be easier than I thought.

To satisfy you curiosity - these cookies DO NOT contain neither flour nor milk.


The ingredients are:

- 2 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 4 spoons of sugar
- 100 g of coconut shrims (about 1 1/4 a cup)

And now - step by step:

1. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt (you can use a mixer).
2. When the foam begins to stiffen, gradually add sugar (still mixing).
3. If the egg whites are already well beaten and fluffy, add the coconut. You can mix it with a spoon or a mixer, but at minimum speed.
4. Shape the mass into balls with a spoon on a baking tray lined with baking paper or aluminum foil, previously smeared with butter.
5. Bake about 20 minutes in an oven heated to 170 degrees.



Here's how the final result should look like:









I assure you this is child's play, and the cookies are dietary, low FODMAP, gluten-free, soft on the inside and what's most important - they taste incredibly great!


No comments:

Post a Comment