Saturday 23 April 2016

The most favourite part of the day - eating


Hey, hi and hello!

Some time ago I promised that I will show you how my diet looks in practice...

I was putting it off for a long time, because I am not a masterchef and I would have been embarrassed, if you had seen any of the dishes I prepared at the beginning.

But now I can see progress in my culinary adventure, so I think I can share with you some sample photos.

As you know (or maybe not, but you should), breakfast is the most important meal - it gives you the energy for a whole day. I mean... not exactly WHOLE day, but for whole morning. What I want to say is that every good day starts with a tasty and nutritious breakfast.

Since I'm on a diet, I had to change my breakfast habits, so instead cornflakes with milk I eat porridge. Being more specific - my low FODMAP breakfast includes:

- 3 spoons of oatmeal
- 3 spoons of spelt-flakes
- a little bit of coconut shrims
- some shelled sunflower seeds
- a fruit (usually a banana, because it has a protective effect on the stomach and I also love it)

Porridge is usually eaten with milk, but - as I said in the first post - low FODMAP diet excludes milk, so I pour just a little bit of boiling water into the bowl with oatmeal and wait until it gets softer.


So here you are, porridge - version with straw- and blueberries or banana and kiwi:









Preparing porridge is not a big deal, but... Yeah, actually... It's as easy as falling off the face of the earth, but... But I had to start somewhere, so I've started from the beginning.

So! Anybody wants to know what low FODMAP dinner I can prepare? Oh yeah, I can see this dense hands forest. OKAY, I will tell you this sweet secret. Or should I say "salty"?...

It's really interesting that the low FODMAP diet excludes milk and milk products in general, but it does not exclude certain types of cheese as camembert, brie etc. Luckily, feta cheese is also allowed!

So, if you want to eat delicious and filling lunch, I totally recommend pasta with spinach and feta cheese - it's a heaven in mouth!

You only need to replace the plain pasta with the gluten-free one. But do not worry - it is now readily available!

Summarizing, the ingredients are:

- 1 package of frozen spinach in briquette (or in leaves)
- 1 package of feta cheese (I use the semi-fat)
- gluten-free pasta (as much as you can eat)

Just fry the spinach in a pan, then add the feta and mix it with a spoon. I sometimes add to that a little salt, pepper and curry, but speaking personally - I don't think it's necessary. Feta is doing all the work!

Here's the photo:







I also wanted to show you what I eat on evening, but the only photo of sample dish is blurry, so maybe next time...


...or maybe YOU will share with me some ideas for healthy dinner?



2 comments:

  1. "But now I can see progress in my culinary adventure" really? Your 3 eggs definitely deserve the title of Masterchef ! <3 I know you love me :*

    ReplyDelete